Welcome to the SoBS Forum. This is an online community that offers peer-to-peer support for survivors of bereavement by suicide.
All applicants must refrain from using the term “Committed Suicide” as this is no longer a crime under the Suicide Act 1961.
Anyone can apply to join if they have been bereaved following a suicide. Your application is confidential, and will be reviewed by one of our volunteers to maintain our forum as a safe space for people affected by suicide.
Log InLog Out
Please read this page carefully before you post in our Community Forum.
By using our Forum, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. If you do not agree to abide by these rules, please do not use our Forum. We may block your access to the Forum if you break any of these rules.
- You must not use our Forum for unlawful purposes.
- You must not use our Forum to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material containing any viruses, Trojan Horses, Spyware or any other harmful programmes.
- For security reasons you must not pass on your password or registration code to any third party or allow any third party to use your access to post or view communications on SoBS Forum site.
- Any posts/contributions must comply with applicable law in the UK.
- Please refrain from using the terminology ‘committed suicide’ as it is no longer a crime to take your own life, as reflected in the Suicide Act 1961.
- Please refrain from discussing method in this forum.
- Contributions must NOT be libellous, vulgar, abusive, harassing, harmful, threatening, unlawful, racist, defamatory, sexist, hateful, inflammatory, or obscene.
- Contributions must not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- You must not impersonate any other person or misrepresent your identity.
- Visual sexual references are strictly prohibited.
- You must not advertise any non SoBS event unless approval is given by SoBS Head Office- email: email@example.com
- Please respect that other Survivors may be at a different stage of grief and that we all have our own very individual journey to travel. Please show respect for Survivors decisions, experiences and feelings at all times.
- If you disagree with others posts, just post a reply stating your opposing opinion. When doing so you must not make any personal attacks or insults-please treat others with respect at all times.
- If you are offended by a post please alert the moderator by emailing your concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All posts must be relevant to the Forum and to the topic and be of potential interest to other users.
- Please read relevant parts of the Forum and do not repeat what has already been said.
- Users may had links to postings where these form a valuable contribution to the post.
- Always respect the privacy of other members. If you know information about another member, please do not reveal that information on the Forum or in any other public arena.
- Please use full sentences, avoid text language and do not type ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS as it is difficult to read and gives the impression that you are shouting.
- You are solely responsible for everything you post or read in the Forum. Any and all information you read or use in any way is your responsibility as are any related consequences.
- Users must not post solicitations, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any similar schemes.
- Users must not post any material that is hateful against any person, race, religion, ethnic group, or other group such as gay, lesbian, or transgender.
- Users must not engage in any activity that exposes SoBS or its members to any kind of liability.
- Do not post anything relating to an ongoing or pending court case as any such post may be in contempt of Court.
- Users are asked to choose the most appropriate category to place their post.
- Users must not place their post in more than one category.
Further legal notices
- The material displayed on our forum site is provided without guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- Any user who violates or infringes on the rights of a third party shall be held solely responsible. SoBS will not be held responsible for member posted information that may violate copyright law or any other law.
- SoBS does not accept any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Forum or in connection with the use, inability to use or results of the use of our Forum or any websites linked to any post or any materials within posts.
- SoBS reserves the right to edit or remove posts that are contrary to the Conditions of Use.
- Signing up to use this Forum you are agreeing that you are over 18 and therefore eligible for membership.
- These pages contain general information only. Nothing in these pages constitutes legal advice. You should consult a suitable qualified lawyer on any specific legal problem or matter.
- We will disclose information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary and take any other action we reasonably feel appropriate.
- We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any posted materials by any user of our Forum site.
- Any actions you take as a result of anything you read in the Forum are entirely your own responsibility
- SoBS will not share any information provided for membership application purposes with any third party
- All views and information posted on the Forum site are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies or advice of SoBS. The content is solely the responsibility of the author.